I can provide advice on many aspects of computer security from firewall configuration to wireless network security. Using my knowledge of hardware and software I can advise on complete systems configured to your requirements for either home or business use.
For larger projects I can use my project coordination experience to assist in the management of IT projects and implementation from initial requirements to final commissioning.
I can provide complete antivirus and antispyware services – not only virus removal but also firewall, antivirus and antispyware installation and management. I can also provide onsite support and basic system repairs. For further details of the support services I can offer please see my ICT Support page.
I’m happy to provide standard courses, custom-made courses or just ad-hoc tuition. For more details of my courses please look at my Teaching page and for more details on one-to-one tuition please go to my Tutoring page.
For larger projects I can provide bespoke software solutions ranging from Microsoft Office macros to custom-made Windows applications. For more details of my software development experience please see my Bespoke Software page.
I’ve extensive software development and PC support experience, enabling me to understand and manage a wide variety of IT projects and provide IT consultancy services. I have a broad knowledge of operating systems and commercial products.
My previous work has included a large amount of project coordination across multiple concurrent software development projects and releasing the results on a single CD.
Previous projects have also included:
- Specifying and maintaining a set of office PCs
- Maintenance of an MRP system on an RS600 AIX server
- Installation and configuration of a stock control system
- Assisting with the IT strategy and support for non-profit organizations
For further information about my skills please see my About Me page.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of users
- Project coordination
- Security configuration and advice
- Able to specify suitable systems for your project
- ICT tuition available
- Full ICT support service
- Experience of C, C++, C# (Windows Forms), Visual Basic 6, and SQL
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) experience
- Experience of Microsoft Windows™, Apple Mac OS X™ and Linux
- Safety Critical experience
- Project-based software development
- Customer support
- Willing to travel short distance in Sussex and Kent